ROBIO2012 (IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics) was held in Guangzhou, China from Dec. 11 to Dec. 14.
Mr. Ren (D2), Ms. Norzalilah (D2), and Mr. Nishimura (M1) made presentations about their researches.
- Chao Ren, An Omnidirectional Mobile Robot: Concept and Analysis
- Mohamad Nor Norzalilah, A Simplified CPGs Network with Phase Oscillator Model for Locomotion Control of Snake-like Robot
- Hiroyuki Nishimura, Development of an Underactuated Robot Gripper Capable of Retracting Motion
Our research entitled “Experimental Study on Oscillating Paddling Gait of an Eccentric Paddle Mechanism” was nominated as The Best Conference Paper Finalist Award.
The 29th Annual Conference of the Robotics Society of Japan was held in Shibaura Institute of Technology from September 7th to 9th. Two members in our lab made presentations.
- Yi Sun, Terrestrial Gait Experiments for ePaddle Locomotion Mechanism (International session)
- 加古川篤，螺旋駆動型管内移動ロボットの曲管内走行時のトルク解析とその検証実験 (Japanese session)
Xiaodong Wu (DC3) was nominated as best paper finalist at ICIA2011 (IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation & International Symposium on Integration Technology).
- Xiaodong Wu, Development of a Sensor-driven Snake-like Robot SR-I
ROBIO 2010(International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics) has been successfully held in Tianjin. Prof.Ma is general chair of this conference. Five people from our Lab attended this conference and gave a talk respectively.
RITSUMEIKAN-SIA Students Joint Symposium on Robotics and Biomimetics has been held successfully in Shenyang. Four students coming from Ritsumeikan University and more than twenty students in SIA have taken part in the symposium.
A RITSUMEIKAN-SIA Students Joint Symposium on Robotics and Biomimetics will be held by our laboratory. The students can make use of this opportunity to understand one another and promote the communication of
researches in Japan and China.
The detail information can be found in PDF.
2008 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics has been successfully held in Bangkok, Thailand. Prof.Ma has participated in the meeting and organized a workshop on biomimetics which named New Trends and Future Aspects in The Next Decade”. Detailed information can be seen in: ROBIO 2008 Workshop on Biomimetics