Dr. Tian and Dr. Zhang gave presentations in ROBIO 2018 ( 2018 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics ) held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia during 12th-15th December 2018.
- Guoteng Zhang, Yang Tian, Taihei Kawabata, and Shugen Ma, Modeling and Experimental Tests for the Voltage-Induced Response of a Circular Dielectric Elastomer Actuator, in Proc. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO 2018), pp. 916-921, 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Yang Tian and Shugen Ma, An Analysis about the Problem of SLAM in Tunnel-like Environment with Serpentine Locomotion and Its Solution, in Proc. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO 2018), pp. 1626-1631, 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tian and Yamagami gave presentations in ROBIO2015 (IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics) held at Zhuhai, China during 6th-9th December 2015.
Our joint research with Shanghai University “Design and Locomotion Simulation of an Improved Eccentric Paddle Mechanism for Amphibious Robots” was selected as “Best Paper in Biomimetics” in ROBIO2013（IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics）held on Dec. 12-14 in Shenzhen, China.
Ren (D3) and Norzalilah (D3) were also nominated as “Best Paper Finalist”.
ROBIO2012 (IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics) was held in Guangzhou, China from Dec. 11 to Dec. 14.
Mr. Ren (D2), Ms. Norzalilah (D2), and Mr. Nishimura (M1) made presentations about their researches.
- Chao Ren, An Omnidirectional Mobile Robot: Concept and Analysis
- Mohamad Nor Norzalilah, A Simplified CPGs Network with Phase Oscillator Model for Locomotion Control of Snake-like Robot
- Hiroyuki Nishimura, Development of an Underactuated Robot Gripper Capable of Retracting Motion
Our research entitled “Experimental Study on Oscillating Paddling Gait of an Eccentric Paddle Mechanism” was nominated as The Best Conference Paper Finalist Award.
ROBIO 2010(International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics) has been successfully held in Tianjin. Prof.Ma is general chair of this conference. Five people from our Lab attended this conference and gave a talk respectively.
2008 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics has been successfully held in Bangkok, Thailand. Prof.Ma has participated in the meeting and organized a workshop on biomimetics which named New Trends and Future Aspects in The Next Decade”. Detailed information can be seen in: ROBIO 2008 Workshop on Biomimetics