On Sep. 5, we had a visit from Applied Technology High School (ATHS) in UAE.
July 13th, Science Demonstration Day was held at our campus. we had a visit from Ritsumeikan Moriyama high school.
July 12th, we enjoyed an evening BBQ and a few beers with laboratory buddies. It was hot and humid, but we had a good time.
ROBOMEC 2013 was held in Tsukuba, Ibaraki Pref. from May 22 to 25. Sun (D4), Yang (D2), T. Nishimura (M2), Matsuno (M2), and Huan (M1) presented in the poster session. And T. Nishimura was selected as JSME young excellence fellow award at ROBOMEC 2012.
- Yi Sun, Siyu Huang, Yang Yang, Shugen Ma, “Improved Design of a Prototype Module for a Novel Eccentric Paddle Mechanism”
- Yi Sun, Shugen Ma, “An Oscillating Paddling Gait for an ePaddle Hybrid Locomotion Mechanism”
2013 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA2013) was held in Karlsruhe, Germany from May 6th to 10th.
Mr. Yang (D2), Mr. Matsuno (M2) made presentations about their researches.
- Yang Yang, Paddle Trajectory Generation for Accessing Soft Terrain by an Epaddle Locomotion Mechanism
- Takahiro Matsuno, Development of a Suction Cup with a Disc Spring
- Huayan Pu, Modeling of the Oscillating-Paddling Gait for an Epaddle Locomotion Mechanism
On April 27-28, we have a camp and Bakasemi at Rokuroshi-hiland in Fukui Pref.. Bakasemi is the seminar that we compete how we can propose seriously about funny stuff. This year, Prof. Hirose who is the emeritus professor at Tokyo Institute of Technology also joined. Second day, we made ice creams by ourselves.